With a noticeable difference of attendees at my gym, Eugene Swim & Tennis Club, I’ve come to the conclusion that the majority of 2012’s New Years resolutions fall within the spectrum of “increase gym time.”
If you’re one of the many still maintaining resolution: Congratulations! You’ve survived your first week!
…but if you quit after your first “get fit” gym sesh- don’t worry! This post can still help you get motivated to break a sweat and get your booty to the gym.
I always make sure to go to the gym 5 times a week. Yes, it’s hard. Especially living in a city where it’s rainy & cold for the majority of the year. I’ve learned some tricks that helps encourage myself to work out and I am excited to share them with you!
1. Look Good: On any given day, aren’t you more motivated to get more done when you look polished? (Or at least, be seen in public). Same works with the gym. You’ll be much more motivated to work out if you get a simple, yet stylish outfit.
2. Good Music: It’s all about a fabulous, upbeat playlist. These songs will make you not only want to run on the treadmill, but SPRINT!
1. We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) – Rihanna
2. Rumour Has It/Someone Like You Mash Up- Glee
3. Domino – Jessie J
4. Another Night – Real McCoy
5. Dirty Talk – Wynter Gordon
6. S&M (Remix) – Rihanna feat. Britney Spears
7. The Edge of Glory – Lady Gaga
8. Knockout : Lil Wayne & Nicki Minaj
9. Piece of Heaven: Cascada
10. 4ever – The Veronicas
3. Good Reads: Wanna know why I get to the gym at least five times a week? It’s the only place I allow myself to read magazines & leisure books. Mostly magazines, let’s be real. After putting in a sufficient work out on the treadmill, I reward myself by (alternating) between the elliptical and stair master, where I can read for 30 minutes.
— Just remember, it takes 21 days for something to become a habit- good luck with making the gym yours! Here’s to 2012!