Okay, so my current obsession: Country.
Who knew? After many “cowgirl up!” references from my Dad about his farm days, the love for the country has finally attacked me. From listening to music, to actually wearing my mom’s old pair of cowboy boots, I cannot wait to hit up Nashville, Tennessee or spend the summer out on my family’s deserted ranch.
THE COUNTRY INSPIRED OUTFIT IM OBSESSED WITH…
So, floral prints are in for this spring, so instead of going for the “I’m so flirty and feminine” prints, I’ve been enjoying the more “I’m from the country and edgy” prints. I hate bows and girly prints, so my decision was to add some brown leather into the outfit to toughen the entire look as a whole.
1. Find a fun, comfortable, casual summer dress.
This Mimi Chica Ruffle Dress can be found in the BP section at Nordstroms. It’s light, comfortable and perfect to pull of the country vibe!
2. Find the perfect pair of Vintage Cowboy Boots
I was lucky enough to find my mom’s cowboy boots in her “spring cleaning” pile, but anywhere you can find cowboy boots- go for it! If not, these Durango Ladies Western Boots have the perfect amount of distress to make them stylish in a realistic, wearable sort of way.
3. Bring The Outfit Together With A “Satchel”
I have to admit, it was time to finally downsize my gigantic purse, and go a little lighter in color than black. So, the perfect solution turned out to be this Lulu Charm Messenger Bag. In celebration of The Hangover, my best friend keeps referring to this bag as a satchel, and what can I say? It stuck.
4. Get some Good Old Summer Country Jams
Although I’m definitely not in the country, listening to these songs make me feel as close to a ranch as possible!
1. Best Days of Your Life by Kellie Pickler
2. Back to Tennessee by Billy Ray Cyrus
3. Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
4. Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts
5. Whiskey Girl by Toby Keith
6. Picture to Burn by Taylor Swift
7. Don’t Take Her She’s All I Got by Tracy Byrd
8. Should’ve Been A Cowboy by Toby Keith
9. Summer Nights by Rascal Flatts
10. All-American Girl by Carrie Underwood
Hopefully this helps you get into the country mood and COWGIRL UP!